Recognising the important role it plays in the development of the region and its people, RBCT subscribes to the principles of equal opportunities for all our employees. We view employment equity as more than a process aimed at addressing the wrongs of the past, but as a key business process integrated into the strategies and disciplines of the organisation. To this end, RBCT has implemented an Employment Equity policy and procedures that promote equity and diversity in the workplace.
Skills development: Accelerated Development Programs (ADP)
RBCT’s Accelerated Development Program (ADP) focuses on the training and development of employees from the designated groups in line with agreed employment equity targets.
To date, the following milestones have been achieved:
- Employees have been offered learning opportunities in externally facilitated programs such as the Employee Development Program (EDP), CORE (Basic supervisory skills), BMS (Basic management skills), FMP (Fundamental Management Programme), MDP (Management Development Programme).
- Through the creation of extra-numeracy specialist positions, employees from target groups have been given focused development opportunities through high-level work assignments and many have subsequently been appointed in line management positions.
- Trainee, Apprenticeship and Bursary Programmes have also been structured to ensure a steady flow of AA candidates into the various feeder jobs in the organisation. This has been very successful and has been the most effective means of changing the demographics at the skilled junior/management levels of the organisation.
RBCT recognises the need to develop key skills in line with its business needs as well as those of the community in which it operates. RBCT wishes to enhance the available skills pool in South Africa, and particularly in the Zululand region. RBCT’s bursary scheme focuses on the following key fields of study:
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering (BSc).
- Electrical Light Current National Diploma (Technicians)
- Production Management
- Financial studies (BComm. Accounts).
- Occupational Nurse
- Safety studies
- BSc Maths and Science
RBCT offers traineeships to meet the future skills requirements of key positions at RBCT. Trainees include:
- Learnerships (registered with a Sector Education Training Authority (SETA);
- Learnerships (unregistered).
Sustainable Community Development
The purpose for Sustainable Community Development is to promote the development and self sufficiency of local communities within uMhlathuze Municipality, in order to contribute to the creation of an environment in which RBCT business can be conducted, with the focus on sustainability.
RBCT’s Sustainable Community Development strategy plays a constructive role in enhancing the quality of life in the communities within which we operate.
Our employees play a significant role through our SCD Committee, which consists of volunteers from all levels within the company as well as employee union representatives. Our primary focus is on
- community skills upliftment,
- community services and Crime prevention.
For more information on our Community Projects, contact Danni du Preez on 035 904 4122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org